Lights, Camera, Action!… AE Smith Safety Video
When it comes to the safety of you or your loved ones; what are YOUR EXPECTATIONS of Safety?
Designed to create a fun and engaging activity that generates positive word-of-mouth amongst staff and their loved ones, the creation of short two minute safety videos that capture real people, sharing real expectations, will help refocus our attention on putting Safety 1st in the AE Smith workplace.
“Somewhere in the community, there will be a fatality, serious injury or the need for first aid in the workplace,” said Andrew.
“We have legislation, codes of practice and standards to follow yet major accidents still occur.
“To help put Safety 1st and achieve Zero Harm in the workplace YOU need to set your expectations…. Because your loved ones have an expectation of you,” emphasised Andrew.
Starting 21 May, AE Smith General Managers and their safety representatives invite you and your family members to get involved and tell us what YOUR EXPECTATIONS of safety are.
- A wife of a staff member shared, “My expectations of my husband is that he loves and provides for me and our family.”
- “I expect my dad to drive me to cricket on Saturday mornings,” said a staff member’s seven year old son.
- One mother said, “My son has begun an apprenticeship and I’m trusting that his employer will do him good and he will in return work hard for them.”
- “Friday nights are our nights at the movies. I expect my partner to come home safe,” said the fiancé of a staff member.
- A husband said, “I expect my wife to come home every night and give me cuddles and be the awesome mother she is to my kids.”
- “I expect my workplace to provide a safe and healthy environment for me and my work mates,” said a staff member.
From the many submissions we hope to receive, each film location will select 15 staff, partners and children to deliver their answer captured on video and made into a short film titled “My Expectations”.
Filming will take place at AE Smith offices in:
- Melbourne (including Tasmania) 27 June
- Brisbane (including Gold Coast) 7 August
- Mackay 30 August
- Townsville (including Cairns) 19 September
- Sydney 11 October
- Perth 1 November
AE Smith staff should send written submissions email@example.com
I encourage all AE Smith staff and their families to participate,” added Andrew.
The production of the AE Smith safety video is a unique and powerful opportunity to reinforce and communicate the importance of Safety 1st in an authentic, engaging and fun way.
“In a split second everything can change. Think about what you’re doing. Don’t take short cuts. Look out for your work mates. Go home safely to your loved ones. Most importantly, stand up and set your expectations,” concluded Andrew.