Workplace Health & Safety Policy
We believe in helping people in everything we do.
The way we help is by taking the time to hear what is really important to you.
We accept personal responsibility to use our resources and expertise, to find the right outcome.
We care about people’s welfare, believe in family values and do what we say we are going to do.
AE Smith delivers practical solutions in air conditioning, building services, energy efficiency and onsite power in Australia.
Health & Safety Policy Objectives
We acknowledge that the provision of a safe, healthy and secure workplace for our people is fundamental to our business success and is an important demonstration of the respect we have for our employees and their families.
Our people choose to work safely all the time.
Health & Safety Strategies
To implement our policy we will:
- Adopt sound risk management principles and practices to eliminate and control workplace hazards.
- Accept our legal and ethical obligations to ensure our workplaces are safe for all employees, contractors, labour hire personnel, customers and members of the public.
- Comply with health and safety legislation through adherence to our Compliance Standards.
- Apply and demonstrate an integrated health and safety management system designed to meet or exceed relevant standards, our business needs and operational risk.
- Continuously improve health and safety performance through regular system audits and evaluation, and the implementation of improvement plans.
- Establish standards of performance, objectives, targets and key performance indicators to measure our success.
- Accurately and promptly report all incidents and injuries and apply effective rehabilitation and RTW support.
- Analyse all incidents and positively address contributing factors.
- Ensure adequate resources are made available to implement this policy’s intent.
How to apply this policy
The Chief Executive Officer is accountable to the Board of Directors for ensuring this policy is implemented.
Our Business Leaders are accountable to the Chief Executive Officer for ensuring this policy is implemented in their areas of responsibility.
All employees are accountable to our business leaders, themselves and their fellow employees to participate and deliver the intent of the Company WHS Policy to the benefit of all business partners.
Chief Executive Officer
1 June 2013